The Western Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education aims to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to enable students to:
- access, evaluate and apply appropriate information and resources to take positive action to protect, enhance and advocate for their own and others’ health and wellbeing across their lifespan
- develop and use skills and strategies to promote a sense of personal identity and wellbeing, and to build and manage respectful relationships
- acquire, apply and evaluate movement skills, concepts and strategies to respond confidently, competently and creatively in a variety of physical activity contexts and settings
- engage in and enjoy regular movement-based learning experiences and understand and appreciate their significance to personal, social, cultural, environmental and health practices and outcomes
- analyse how varied and changing personal and contextual factors shape their understanding of, and opportunities for, health and physical activity locally, regionally and globally.